Monday, September 22, 2008

Drawing Again


As it sometimes goes with Jake, all I have to do is voice a concern and he proves me wrong. This morning Jake started drawing again, just as well or better than he ever has. He drew "Joe and Blue" from Blues Clues, as well as a Ladybug. His detail on people (when he draws them) never ceases to amaze me. The green markings on Joe's legs are "socks."

On the other hand, he also sprayed my entire grooming shop with coat finishing spray, dumped out a whole box of powder and rolled himself and his little brother in it, tried to eat berries from ornamental grass, and made "dog food soup" for the dog using her water bowl and some dog food. With every leap comes mischief, although I can handle mischief as long as he's moving forward in other areas. His speech is great today, and he's been talking quite a bit.

Tomorrow we all go meet with the Special Education department to get the results of their assessment. I have already been warned that sometimes this is a hard meeting to go to because they compare your child to "standardized" guidelines. I have no doubt that Jake won't meet many of the requirements, so hopefully I have prepared myself mentally for it.