Friday, April 18, 2008

Waiting for Monday

The meeting with Jennifer B. from Babies Can't Wait was another non-event. She said that he is definitely scoring below average on communication and social skills, so she will turn his information over to BCW. However, since he is so close to being 3 years old, they may just turn it over to the school system.

Jake will be going to Team Centers in Chattanooga on Monday for what they called an "interview and observation." This avenue has me the most hopeful of getting a diagnosis and maybe some therapy. I am still tied up in knots waiting to find out something.

Meanwhile Jake is happy as a clam and making progress every day. Sometimes he bounds forward, only to regress the same day into some sort of neurotic behavior. Its a constant roller coaster. I find hope in talking to a new friend who has Aspergers and was diagnosed at 16. She says that she exhibited scripting (quoting) behavior, peeling and other activities that Jake seems to enjoy. She is an intelligent, cool lady with a relationship and beautiful son of her own, so talking to her always makes me feel better. I just hope that I don't drive her crazy with my constant questions. Jake and his well-being are first and foremost in my thoughts these days, and I often dominate conversations by talking about him.

There are so many activities going on around the area this weekend we just can't decide what to do first! Hopefully it will make Monday come sooner.