Tuesday, June 2, 2009

MRI... and results


The morning went fairly smoothly. Save for an hour and a half of screaming by Manny because we waited for 2 hrs after our appointment time for him to go back (which was approximately 4 hours past his breakfast time), everything seemed to go well. He woke up fine and had a grand old time having his ultrasound laughing and giggling at the technician.

I knew when I drove him to the hospital this morning that we'd be cutting off all that hair this summer. The call came at 3:14 PM today from Dr. Michaels office. I knew that that was too soon to be nothing. The nurse said that they had found a small tumor. She coughed up the "reassuring" things that Dr. Michaels had told her to say about how with neurofibromatosis, tumors were common and usually benign. We don't even know if he has NF1 and seriously, you can't really soften the blow of the words "brain tumor." We will see the neurosurgeon this week or next... ASAP. We don't know anything else at this point.

I'm going to call my dad at some point when I can talk (please don't call our family members yet... they may not know). I'll probably tell him to tell my family and that I don't feel like talking about it right now to them. If you are a family member or close friend and you are finding this news out through facebook or blogger... please understand.. I got the news an hour ago... I don't know what else to do. I felt everyone's thoughts and prayers today.