Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Small Update

Ellen, Manny's service coordinator with Babies Can't Wait, called on Monday. She said that she was meeting with "the team" Tuesday (yesterday) to discuss Manny's services. I explained my frustrations so far. She said that she is going to discuss my suggestions that A) we get compensation for the OT appointments that have been missed and B) set Manny up with either speech therapy or a special instructor to come weekly. She again stated that we can not do OT with Cindy AND with the state. I have since found out that this is not true and that we are entitled to help from the State regardless of what we are doing privately. She said that she will be calling me today to update me on what they decided, and I plan on bringing this up. I can understand BCW's delimma, and their desire to keep money in the program and give it to people who are more "deserving" of services than we are, however I would prefer that at least one person be honest with me. I simply wish that I wouldn't have wasted Manny's precious time waiting on a program that was supposed to help my son, not simply give lip service to what they are supposed to do.

Manny's first appointment with Cindy is today. I have a giant knot in my stomach in anticipation of this assessment. I trust Cindy and want to think that she can help Manny, but I'm not looking forward to what she has to say abou this development. The appointment is at 11:30, usually near Manny's naptime, but I took what I could get to get my foot in the door. I'm hoping to set up a weekly session with her as early in the morning as possible.

Ok, putting my head down and walking into the wind.....