Sunday, July 27, 2008

Is this good or bad timing?

Last week Jake went with his Dad to visit his grandparents in Florida. They were gone for 5 days and 4 nights. It was quite an adjustment for me, thats for sure. Jake had a blast in Florida, was a total angel, according to Steve, and only had a couple of "need Mommy" moments. Of course, he was ready to go Wednesday morning at 5:30 AM and was in the truck to come home. I'm not sure if it was the adjustment, or the diet of additive filled food or a combination, but the poor kid is a mess.

Jake's appointment with Dr. Michaels is tomorrow, and last week I was honestly wondering what we had to complain about besides his speech. His stimming had dramatically decreased to almost nothing, he was really focused and I was just astonished at the jumps he was making. The past few days he has been a stimming, non-verbal, INTENSE little boy. I truly hope that we wakes up in the morning feeling better and that our appointment goes well. Not that I don't want the Doctor to see him acting himself, it would just be nice if we would get a chance to talk without Jake going off the deep end. I'm a tad nervous. Our appointment is at 8 AM.