Sunday, March 21, 2010

A sad video, and a happy one

I took a video thursday to try to illustrate how worked up and anxious Jake has been lately. This isn't a tantrum, this is how he has been acting at home for a couple of weeks. The high pitched "uhhh uhhh uhhhh" was pretty much a constant. Just a little ball of nerves. Everything is "scary." I know this is a long one, and hard to watch. A couple of things to notice: His unusual language pattern "No broke on the school!" (I'm going to break the school? Maybe?) He makes an "explosion" sound and sign when he gets worked up talking about school to demonstrate how much he doesn't want to go to school. Random sentences "Want some helicopter." Oh, and he has been eating Mommy's dark chocolate hence the Joker mouth.



Maybe that helps to show why I haven't been able to blog lately... I've just been a wreck hoping that eventually SOMETHING would make him happy again. Sometimes I forget that he has these spells when he's trying to work through something new. The past few days he has made a 180 degree turnaround and has been happier, has begun to talk more, and although he has had some tantrums (what almost 5 year old doesn't), those tantrums have a beginning, and so thankfully, an end. I didn't know if I could endure another rainy day stuck indoors, but here is how most of the day was spent:


At least he's quiet.

Deep cleansing breath.